Friday, March 4, 2011

Lowbrow Art Descends on Middletown, Scares Natives

"No, ma'am, I haven't seen my daddy in years. But my mama say he's out racing cars and, well, dipping his wick in anything that moves." - Ricky Bobby

Tonight's the night - the Art of Speed hot rod art show opens tonight at MAC 650 Artspace gallery at 650 Main ST in Middletown. The show features a surprising amount of Japanese artists, which is relevant to my interests because I am an honorary Asian...

The show is being put on by the same guy who brought us the Hot Rod Fall Out, so if all goes according to plan, it should be just as good. It seems that the promoter is selfishly trying to bring cool things to our fair state and instigate the development of a burgeoning scene.

It should be a good show - Fast Cars, Loose Women and Strong Drinks... how could you go wrong? I may even attempt to cover it from some confused mental state. But the bottom line is: I will be prepared - I have flushed The Fear from my mind, and so should you.

No comments:

Post a Comment