Friday, March 25, 2011

I Demand Satisfaction! Death to Assholes!

From a recent conversation with my close personal friend and known conspiracy theorist, Zac, I came to a meaningful conclusion about threats to our individual rights, and also realized the easy way to resolve the same.

I try not to think too long or too hard about Rights because I inevitably get a mind-breaking ice cream headache - but the simplicity of this vision came to me with the suddenness of street violence and with absolutely no forethought. People who wish to effect our rights get into power because no one has struck them down, and that is because the Duel of Honor has gone out of vogue.

Without Honor Dueling, any jerkoff can do whatever he wants - within the law - and get away with it, no matter how wrong or assholish it is. For example, Scott Walker would never have made it to Governor without being either shot or stabbed by a righteous man. And even if he did, there would be a line of middle-school librarians at his door, right now, demanding satisfaction. And I'd be willing to bet he doesn't have the stones to own up and face his maker against each poor bastard he's wronged or slighted.

So I pose this - we bring back the Duel of Honor, if for no other reason than to keep rich assholes from being rich assholes and shitty politicians from being shitty politicians. I hear if you head South you can get a lightly used set of dueling pistols cheap...

No comments:

Post a Comment