Friday, November 12, 2010

A Silver Dollar or a Wheat Penny

Stiff upper lip...

Apparently, the fine people at Wendy's took my advice and have reformulated their approach to Fries. I'll admit I was a little upset that they took my idea so blatantly and with such little regard for my feelings, but such is life. Here's my response to this news:

To Whom It May Concern,

First of all, I have to express my great sadness that I haven't gotten a response from my correspondence last month. Lame. I put a lot of thought into it.

Anyway. The reason I am writing is to let you know that even though you failed to respond, I am glad you took my advice on the fries. I haven't tried them yet, but it was a solid win trading in those floppy soggy fries for something that I can only assume is crisp and delightful. Can't wait to put them in my mouth. BUT! Let me be clear: the old fries were actually good, if only for the first five minutes.

More good news! I understand that there's been some scuttlebutt about the toys included in a kid's meal - I guess the kids are eating them? Whatever, I have a solution. I think you can side step the whole issue by including with the kid's meal an item that technically isn't a toy, but kids could play with none the less. Some examples that I've thought of are: a clip of staples for a Swingline, a porceline tea cup, a pocket knife, a shoe horn, a sack of walnuts, a book of matches, a silver dollar or wheat penny... I could go on forever.

The point is, my marketing genius saved you guys once again. You're welcome.

Best Regards,

Maxwell [redacted]

No comments:

Post a Comment