Thursday, November 4, 2010

Fishing for Change

E PLURIBUS UNUM - "out of many, one"

While I sit and wait to hear who comes out on top in the Malloy/Foley bare-knuckle cage match (each, of course, willing themselves into power by forming transition teams), I think it is time to focus on things of Greater Importance. For instance: this new penny.


I was buying groceries last night, with cash, and as I fished the change out of my pocket I spotted one of these beauties. For a moment I thought I had been slighted - who gave me this wooden nickel? But then I noticed that I had several of them in my hand. Frightened, I reached the only sane conclusion - they were multiplying.

I know somewhere in this there lies a Universal Truth about the election and somehow the analogy is fishing for change, but I've been run far to ragged by this election to draw any meaningful correlations.

No comments:

Post a Comment