Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I've Stumbled Upon a Basket of Treats

Our finest hour is upon us, we must hone our skills...

Foraging in a semi-modern industrial environment takes a bit of skill - but every now and again, even the most lowly rats will find the crumbs and dine. Today, I've beheld the most holy of foraging occasions, the perfect storm of poachable treats - the customer visit. Treats Everywhere.  
"The horror... the horror..." - Kurtz, Apocalypse Now
That particular quote doesn't sound right, but the revery is spot-on. It really should be "The treats... the tasty treats..." That was me today - I found a boston cream doughnut, doubled back later for a blueberry muffin in the same location. Then, as luck would have it, I found a cookie. It was large and chocolate chip. Totally different spot - it helps to vary your hunting grounds. It is also important to Tell No One, and Hide Your Score. There is nothing more gut-wrenching and disheartening than to steal back to site of a recent kill and find that all the treats have been felled by those you shared your Treasures with.
"Why do you build me up, buttercup baby just to, let me down, and mess me around..." - The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup

No comments:

Post a Comment