Friday, October 1, 2010

Is Everyone Taking Crazy Pills?

Hell, even sometimes I'm guilty of it...

I just stood one side of a door holding a knife, and as it opened, my coworker on the other side was clearly shaken. I consoled him: "Remember Frank, you never know what's on the other side of this door."

Sometimes, the leadership needs to be struck down. Everyone IS taking crazy pills. Things are getting weird around here - in a local sense and in a national sense. I remember a time when I relished in the idea of a pseudo-Republican Tea Party... I thought it was great to see all the crazies in together in a group. At least that way I could identify them en large. But now things are getting scary - these kooks are amassing, absorbing other strange factions - the gun pushers, the midwest anti-commie movement, the crazed pro-poverty types (read: pro-life)... It's turning into a weird Renaissance faire. Huge legs of meat, horses, men in full battle array.

The misguided soft-racist mid-western vote is getting strong. If this weirdness gets legs in the Republican party, we are all screwed. I can at least cope with the old archetype -  a greed-sick bozo glomming on to everything within reach - because at least even the most brazen try to hide it. The other option is far worse: lunatics in tri corner hats and powdered wigs who are armed to the teeth and believe in goblins and dragons.

No comments:

Post a Comment