Friday, September 24, 2010

Sword Fighting

"When the going gets weird..." - HST

It's almost four years I've been here, and the heat is finally starting to take it's toll... While walking into the men's room at the same time as a coworker, I asked him if he wanted to sword fight. Just the other day I made a passing reference to DP to two coworkers. They didn't understand. I had to explain it.

It leaves me in a strange spot because I don't know if I'm going uphill or downhill - and where does synergy come in to all of this? This is a business, after all, and all these people are certifiably nuts - why would I not fit in? Every morning I have to spend many hours preparing myself for the innumerable strange tasks I might be asked to undertake and how to respond. My new favorite response is "I can do that, but something else will suffer."

No comments:

Post a Comment