Monday, September 27, 2010

Aloha From Hawaii

Aloha Mr. Hand...

As you'll recall from my previous email to the Hawaii board of tourism, I had some pressing concerns about my own personal safety after watching Hawaii Five-O. The violence was pervasive; either Hawaii had gone down hill or the writers had gone mad. My questions have been answered to my satisfaction. Now I wait with baited breath to hear back from Ohio. Those bastards... they'll never see it coming when they see what I've baited my breath with!
Aloha Mr. [redacted]:

Thank you for your email expressing concerns about safety in Hawaii after viewing the new Hawaii Five-0 program. As you know, action type television shows are designed to be entertaining and they do sometimes exercise creative license with some of the action depicted.  Honolulu (where Hawai‘i Five-O is filmed) has been rated on many occasions as among the safest large cities in America. In addition, by Hawaii State law, fully automatic/machine gun firearms are not permitted in Hawaii except for military and law enforcement.
Again, we appreciate you taking time to write us and hope that you will have the opportunity to visit Hawaii.

Sincerely, 

Roxanne [redacted]
Manager, Customer Relationship Management
Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau

No comments:

Post a Comment