Friday, August 5, 2011

Bastard Downgrade

Alright, so the USA's credit has been downgraded. The horror...

No, not really. The mediocrity of this can be explained quite simply by this anecdote: Last weekend, I was in Newport, drunk, and in a pizza joint. During some sort of banal mix up, an indignant old man stole Jamie's seat and Dave, roughly as drunk as I was, initiated a conflict with the bitter old man in direct response to the bad man's arrogance. I'm not gonna lie, things got pretty ugly for a moment there - I thought I might have had to choke an old man. I thought for sure this salty old bastard was going to get pummelled in the street until his veins spurted forth the sweet, sweet apollogy of his ancient, gellatenous stubborn old blood. But I was wrong.

The same goes for the USA's credit status. All of the sudden, and as if from out of nowhere, everything is horribly and violently different. But. No big deal. We will all walk away fine...

No comments:

Post a Comment